Frequently Asked Questions
Each month I will answer a question related to business and professional writing.
March 2013: Why is the content of my website so important?
A well-written website is essential to the success of most businesses today because use of the Internet is so predominant. It is especially crucial for businesses who serve younger populations because the World Wide Web is their main form of communication and their major source of information. Without an Internet presence you simply don’t exist for them. Websites today are cost-effective “silent sales people” that are available to consumers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty-five days a year, Don’t fall into the common trap of limiting your business potential by cutting corners with your website Keep in mind that prospective clients use the Internet to find information, not to look at pictures, so good content is key!
The best websites:
- Give the consumer the information the information they’re looking for quickly and efficiently (using as few mouse clicks as possible).
- Make it easy to purchase what they need.
- Follow the premise “less is more”.
- Are updated on a regular basis.
- Can link to other social media tools like blogs, Twitter, or Facebook.